It's important to get reliable and accurate information about your rights, responsibilities and options when separating.
You can seek legal help from the free Legal Help Line in your state or territory.
- Australian Capital Territory | tel: 1300 654 314
- New South Wales | tel: 1300 888 529
- Northern Territory | tel: 1800 019 343
- Queensland | tel: 1300 65 11 88
- South Australia | tel: 1300 366 424
- Tasmania | tel: 1300 366 611
- Victoria | tel: 1300 650 579
- Western Australia | tel: 1300 650 579
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment you can contact your local Legal Aid through the National Relay Service.
If you speak a language other than English and require an interpreter you can contact your local Legal Aid through the Translating and Interpreting Service.