Reliable Accurate Information
This website is produced by National Legal Aid and provides reliable and accurate family law information.
National Legal Aid represents Australia's legal aid commissions, who are the biggest providers of family law assistance in Australia. Each year they deliver more than 250,000 family law assistance services across the nation.
There are eight legal aid commissions in Australia (one in each state and territory) and they provide a wide range of family law services including:
- legal advice and information
- legally-assisted family dispute mediation services
- legal representation in courts dealing with family law matters
- Independent Children's Lawyers
- duty lawyer and social support services that assist people at court
- referrals to other agencies/organisations that help people dealing with family law problems.